Losing a tooth can significantly disturb your quality of life, creating some difficulty in everyday activities like eating and speaking. Although modern dental restorative procedures have resulted in a considerable reduction in the number of teeth extracted each year, many people still have one or more missing natural teeth in their mouth. According to an estimate, about 70% of American people aged 35-44 have lost at least one of their natural teeth. Dental implants should be your first choice if you are one of them and looking for a lifelong and permanent replacement option for a missing tooth!
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a fixture that is embedded within the jaw bone and replaces natural teeth by supporting a prosthesis, such as a crown or fixed or removable denture. After the placement of dental implants, bone formation occurs in the surroundings of the implant, resulting in firm anchorage and stability of the artificial tooth.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
The success and excellent durability of dental implants is dependent upon their ability to form direct contact with the surrounding jaw bone. This process is known as osseointegration and ensures that any prosthesis that is placed over the implant remains retained and stable, thereby restoring optimal functioning of the artificial tooth.
Who Should Get an Implant?
In general, any person who has one or more missing natural teeth is a candidate for an implant. You should consider getting an implant if:
• You want a long term and durable replacement for your missing natural teeth.
• You want to restore your facial esthetics by getting your missing teeth replaced.
• You want to speak and eat without any difficulty.
• You want to get rid of your uncomfortable and inconvenient dentures.
Why Are Implants Better Than Other Dental Prosthetics?
Dental implants are gaining widespread popularity as the most convenient and durable replacement option for missing teeth. Let's have a look why you might prefer them over other tooth replacement options, such as dentures and bridges:
• Enjoy a Beautiful Smile - Loss of a tooth can ruin your smile and facial esthetics. Esthetically pleasing dental prosthesis can be placed over the implants, thereby restoring your beautiful smile and charming appearance.
• Durability - Unlike the dentures and dental bridges, dental implants are designed to last forever. If you take proper care of your oral health and adhere to your dentist's instructions regarding the care of the implants, you can expect them to function for a lifetime.
• Minimal Requirement for Tooth Preparation - Fabrication of teeth bridges, even for the replacement of a single tooth requires reduction of the adjacent teeth as well. On the other hand, placement of dental implants does not require any preparation or reduction of the adjacent teeth, thereby preserving the natural tooth structure.
• Eat Any Food You Like - People who wear removable or fixed dentures have to avoid eating hard and sticky foods. This means they have to miss out on many of their favorite foods. After replacing your teeth with dental implants, you can enjoy all of your favorite foods without having the fear of breaking or dislodging your dentures.
• Improved Oral Hygiene - Maintaining optimal hygiene around dental bridges can be difficult as the bristles of the brush are unable to remove food particles from beneath them. As a result, additional oral hygiene measures may be required to achieve optimal dental health. Unlike dentures and bridges, you can clean your dental implants exactly the same way as you clean your natural teeth, allowing you to maintain excellent oral hygiene and physical health.
• Comfort - Dental implants are embedded within the jaw bone just like your natural teeth. You get the same level of comfort, convenience and natural feeling as you have with your natural teeth when you replace a missing tooth with a dental implant.
How are They Placed?
Placement of dental implants is usually carried out in multiple stages. Single step implant placement procedures are also gaining popularity. The following steps are involved in the placement of dental implants:
• Formulation of a Treatment Plan - Before placing an implant, your dentist will have a detailed look at your medical and dental records, followed by performing an extensive clinical examination of your oral cavity. This is done to make sure that you are a suitable candidate for getting an implant, and to prepare a treatment plan that is tailored according to your dental needs.
• Administration of Anesthesia - Since implant placement is a surgical procedure, your dentist will dental implants Paradise CA anesthetize the region where the implant is to be placed, so that you remain comfortable and pain-free throughout the procedure.
• Reflection of Soft Tissues - In the next step, your dentist will make an incision over the oral soft tissues, so as to expose the underlying jaw bone.
• Placement of the Implant - A hole is drilled inside the jaw bone, such that it is slightly narrower than the actual thickness of the implant. The implant is then carefully tapped or screwed into position by applying controlled and precise forces.
• Provision of a Prosthesis over the Implant- In case a two-step implant placement procedure is planned, a healing abutment is placed over the implant and the overlying soft tissues are sutured to allow healing of the surgical site. The healing abutment is removed and a prosthetic is mounted to the implant once healing has taken place. If immediate implant loading has been planned, a prosthetic is immediately placed over the implant.
Dental implants are the next best to your natural teeth. Say goodbye to your dentures today, and start enjoying the convenience and comfort of your dental implants by talking with your dentist about the possibility of getting dental implants.
If you are one of them and looking for a permanent and lifelong replacement option for a missing tooth, then dental implants should be your first choice!
After replacing your teeth with dental implants, you can enjoy all of your favorite foods without having the fear of breaking or dislodging your dentures.
Unlike dentures and bridges, you can clean your dental implants exactly the same way as you clean your natural teeth, allowing you to maintain excellent oral hygiene and physical health.
• Provision of a Prosthesis over the Implant- In case a two-step implant placement procedure is planned, a healing abutment is placed over the implant and the overlying soft tissues are sutured to allow healing of the surgical site. If immediate implant loading has been planned, a prosthetic is immediately placed over the implant.
I wouldn't have been a Boy Scout if I had not been a Mormon. And when I'd not been a Boy Scout, I would've been skipped out on Probably the most satisfying ordeals of my life.
Compare involving Business and Commercial line of credit history choices for your business’ Operating cash desires. Aid handle money move fluctuations, develop into new markets, or finance accounts receivable.
Kyle Korver is the final prominent previous Bull standing while in the playoffs. And you have inquiries on a whole slew of matters. Assuming the Bulls don’t strike draft-lottery gold, how strongly has the organization regarded investing down from your six-7 slot? I like Mikal Bridges a good deal for this roster,...
A fireplace that ruined a Michigan vehicle sections provide manufacturing facility is causing output troubles at Ford, Fiat Chrysler and General Motors, however it's also soon to inform but whether sellers will run wanting automobiles. So far Ford has actually been hit most difficult by components shortages. The corporation has had to quickly lay...
His anecdote offered a glimpse in to the brutal mother nature of difficult labor and human legal rights abuses led by Pyongyang.
The testimonials on this webpage or furnished via linked video clips are the only real opinions, findings or encounters of our purchaser and not Individuals of JPMorgan Chase Financial institution, N.A. or any of its affiliate marketers.
A federal cabinet minister states he was subjected to some zealous safety Verify at a U.S. airport last year, prompting Justin Trudeau's government to follow up Using the Trump administration.
Netflix introduced the trailer for the Period two of "13 Explanation why" - website its controversial teenager drama that elevated moral questions about graphically depicting a lady's suicide on tv - on Tuesday. And it ultimately begins to answer the concern: What Tale is left to inform? A quick, spoiler-stuffed...
Looking after my pug, Pinto, as a young Skilled over a minimal spending plan is a challenge that requires plenty of sacrifice.
'Spiritualist' billed with sexual assault, fortune telling The man ran the Procedure out of his household. Could ten
The political struggle over President Donald Trump's judicial nominees escalated on Thursday if the Senate took the scarce action of confirming the nomination of a Wisconsin lawyer to function a federal judge Regardless of the objections of 1 of his house-point out senators. The Senate voted together get together strains...
Pair receives married five days soon after crocodile bites off bride's arm The few explained the marriage was "the ideal working day of our life."
Cellular phone When mobile phone support is the lifeline within your business, rely on Cox Business to provide Increased calling features, reputable engineering and hosted phone expert services that take the get worried out of the communications. Find out more Learn More
The vehicle was moving at large velocity when it struck two parked vehicles, a tree, along with a making, law enforcement stated
U.S. District Choose Michael Baylson made an effort to force the Trump and Kenney administrations towards compromise inside their bitter Sanctuary Metropolis demo, calling it "a paperwork dispute" that would "be solved Along with the stroke of a pen."